ID #1008

How can I find out what the water table is in my area?

The water table in the Portland Metro area varies pretty dramatically by location. The best way to find the water table for your particular area of interest is either to contact the county government and ask to speak to someone there on staff, preferably the hydrologist. Septic systems and wells require approval from a hydrologist before installation so the person from the county would likely be the best bet in terms of looking for information.

You might also consider calling a licensed and bonded well-drilling company since they would have a very good feel for how deep the water is in a particular area.

Tags: drill, flooding, hydrologist, septic system, water, water table, well

Related entries:

You cannot comment on this entry

Records in this category